There are many reasons to consider establishing a Donor Advised Fund with the Catholic Community Foundation. Perhaps you want to simplify your annual giving. Maybe you are facing a significant taxable event, or you want to "bunch" your donations to be able to itemize deductions periodically. Or, like many of our donors, you like having a low cost option for Catholic philanthropy.
Donor Advised Funds - Fast Facts
- Can be created with a current gift of $5,000 for individuals/spouses
- Assets held in Donor Advised Fund grow tax-free
- Fund distributions can continue with successor advisors after donor’s death or distribute fully to a charitable beneficiary or endowed fund
- Distributions from the fund are expected to benefit primarily Diocesan and other Catholic organizations within the eight county Diocese of Cleveland
- Attractive fee structure for endowed and non-endowed donor advised funds
Your gift of cash or stock to create a Donor Advised Fund makes you eligible for an income tax deduction in the year you make the gift. You then have the privilege to recommend grant awards to your parish, diocesan or other charitable organizations. Donor Advised Funds are increasingly popular with individuals who want to engage their children in charitable giving decisions now and continue that involvement after the donor’s death. Others appreciate the tax, administrative and cost benefits compared to a private foundation. Whether structured as an endowed or non-endowed fund, you can rest assured that a Donor Advised Fund established with the Catholic Community Foundation will be invested in accordance with teachings of the Catholic Church.
To establish a donor advised fund, please contact:
Mary Lou Ozimek | 216-696-6525 x4070
We encourage you to contact your professional legal and/or financial advisors to determine which gift arrangement meets your needs